Amish made hardwood

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Touching up wood kitchen floor
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:46 pm 
New User

Would appreciate some advise on touching up a wood kitchen floor that has been refinished several times. The last time it was sanded, stained and then Streetshoe. Floor can not take another sanding.

I am getting some wear spots where the stain is lightening up in higher traffic areas such as where chair legs slide. I tried rubbing some dark scratch cover on these areas and it hid the light spots. I was thinking of rubbing some Minwax Woodsheen (a wipe-on gel with satin in it) over the entire floor and then maybe a top coat with Minwax Wipe-on Poly. I have had good results with spot touch ups on other hardwood floor areas in the house using Woodsheen.

Wanted to know if there would be a compatibility issue using the oil based products over the Streetshoe. It has been 1+ years since the Streetshoe went on the floor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:01 pm 
Semi Newbie Contributor

You should be fine doing oil over water base or vice versa, If it was me I'ld break out the UFO with a 60 grit screen, You can really take off some finish with this, After the 60. buff with a 80/100 then 180, Palm sand corner and sides. then apply finish, Works for me everytime someone need a little tlc but don't need a full refinish.
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:27 am 
New User

Thanks,

I did this projejct on Monday and it it working out OK. The Woodsheen took a bit longer to dry than stated. Instead of sanding I deglossed and tacked up the surface with a goo gone product, which was very easy to work with and no dust...