Amish made hardwood

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Unbiased Reference for R L Colston, Please
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:26 pm 
New User

Can anyone provide a unbiased reference for RL Colston Harwood Flooring? More particularly the unfinished 2 ¼ Hickory product?

I am considering purchasing this from Lumber Liquidators. I am concerned because my last purchase from Lumber Liquidators was Bellawood prefinished 3 ½ Red Oak. Even though all the flooring showed the same date of manufacturer, I was disappointed to notice significant variation in thickness and width.

I’m even more suspicious because the first site I found in my search tells me that Lumber Liquidators owns the trademark for R L Colston!

The R L Colston product is less expensive. Am I going to wind up with something that will not install neatly no mater how skilled or patient I am with the job? I’m able to correct for just about anything other than variations in width-- it is very hard to notice when you’re installing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Unbiased Reference for R L Colston, Please
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:17 am 
Valued Contributor

I think you answered your own question. I don't understand why someone who is already unhappy with someone's product would go back for more. You want less expensive the you get what you paid for. Try going to a real flooring retailer instead of someone with the name Liquidators in it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:03 pm 
Prized Contributor

doubt if r/l is actually a mill and not just a brand. IDK for sure butI do know that LL rebrands all kinds of flooring. You will find as product made by one mill one week and another the next. Cheapest wins with those folks, they dont care about customer service just google that!

www.HeartlandHardwoodFlooring.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:42 am 
Site Admin

Nice response Kevin:

Nice to have someone so close to that part of the industry. Of course you also probably talk all the time with installers that use their products as well.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail