Amish made hardwood

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Using cork flooring for entire home is best or not?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:44 am 
Newbie Contributor

Can anyone say using cork flooring to the entire home is good or bad?

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Using cork flooring for entire home is best or not?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:15 pm 
Prized Contributor

Cork flooring qualifies for a hardwood floor because it is made from the Cork oak tree. In the early 60's some home loans required a finished floor even if carpet was going to be installed and cork was used. I have seen lots of rooms covered with cork flooring. One client had us remove a new tile floor in her kitchen after she decided it was the hard floor that was making her back and knees sore. The cork compresses with weight so it seems softer than any other flooring. Modern film finishes will protect the surface from wear and spills. The flooring that I have refinished started out about a quarter inch thick and was glued down so it would be able to be refinished again, if necessary. Modern film finishes should not be waxed so they can be cleaned well and recoated.
Treat this floor like any good floor. Don't slide furniture even if the recommended floor protectors have been installed on every piece of furniture.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:24 am 
Site Admin

I have to question this poster considering the IP comes from India. Are you looking for article ideas? Guys I would disregard any questions from now on

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:15 pm 
New User

I recently looked at a home in the Tampa area with a cork floor that's been down about 10 years and the owners were very unhappy with their cork floor. I noticed sun fading, lots of wore out areas, pitting and indentations throughout the floor. They also had a hard time finding more of the floor to replace areas that had been damaged or faded. So just take into consideration if you have a busy household or pets for that matter.

Profile E-mail