Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Versini Hardwoods
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:01 pm 
New User

Does anyone have any information on the quality of Versini Hardwoods? Hardwoodinstaller.com has very good overviews of many manufacturers, but Versini unfortunatly is not listed. We saw several in a flooring store we liked and which appear quite well-constructed. We're just looking for a general overview of the quality of their engineered hardwood products, especially any big "gotchas." Thanks very much for the help!

Profile E-mail  

Amish made hardwood

Post subject: Re: Versini Hardwoods
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:09 am 
Worthy Contributor

I can't speak on the quality, but I can tell you that they promote themselves as an Italian company with skilled artisans and furniture makers, but their manufacturing facilities are in Shanghai.....you know, China, where all the good Italian woodworkers are! lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:03 am 
Prized Contributor

Ive sold versini for a few years now its also sold under the LM flooring name as well as about 10 other private labels. Overall its gotta a lot of bang for the buck. Good milling nice finish as well. They are a chinese import like many engeneered floors are these days but that only matters to some. Anyway I will say that I have had zero complaints on their line and I sell 4-5 jobs of the stuff every month. Oh, one other thing the oak floors do show a ton of wide grain due to the nature of how the veneer is cut or should I say peeled.

www.HeartlandHardwoodFlooring.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

"I can't speak on the quality, but I can tell you that they promote themselves as an Italian company with skilled artisans and furniture makers, but their manufacturing facilities are in Shanghai.....you know, China, where all the good Italian woodworkers are! lol"

OMG, that's hilarious!

Definitely made me laugh.

Btw, Kahrs is even pulling in Chinese stuff now. Their new line called Spirit.

On another note, some(not sure how much) of their stuff is also being manufactured in the USA now. Anybody seeing any difference in quality?

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:09 pm 
New User

Thanks very much for the replies, this makes us much more comfortable knowing some good background. Sometimes manufacturing outsourced overseas can have big drawbacks, but it doesn't seem like the case here. Overseas production seems like the trend to some extent industry-wide. It's also valuable to know their ties to the well-established LM Flooring.

Just a quick follow-on question...I had seen the Versini Salerno Locking product advertised as 5" (the dimensions we'd prefer), but after speaking with the folks at Fastfloors.com and Truehardwoods.com, it appears as though it's a website misprint, and only 4" is available. I saw what appears to be the identical wood/color in the LM Kendall Locking line, which is also advertised as 5". Can anyone please confirm its availability in 5" vs 4"? Thanks again for the replies, your experience has been a big help!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:51 am 
Prized Contributor

Sometimes, (SOMETIMES!) a chinese crafted product can be top of the line. Usually it will be manufactured under the guidence of an American, or European parent company, to make use of the cheap labour. As an example: Teragren produces the only bamboo flooring we will even entertain using, although because of bamboo's poor performance in our climate (Ontario) we try to persuade our clints into another direction. One of the rare cases where our philosophy changes from "the customer is always right" to "the customer needs an education".
And we too are anxiously awaiting the launch of the American produced Kahr's product, but more in the hopes of alleviating the supply issue rather than any quality concerns.
Just got a shipment in from the Canadian distributer of Kahr's. Order was placed on August 27th.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:32 am 
Site Admin

Keep us posted Dennis.

Thanks

Aug 27? Wow.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:11 pm 
Prized Contributor

Check out http://www.usfloorsllc.com/

I heard some bamboo is partially finished here but they just built a enourmous plant in Georgia or somewhere over there. Kens supposed to go check it out if he ever gets done playing with tulips.

Have installed their cork, corkoleum and some bamboo. Dying to get my hands on some of their Navarre (sp) hardwood.

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:13 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
if he ever gets done playing with tulips.

Done with bulbs thank gawd. Too many...way too many, but it will look great in the spring.

I'll get around to Dalton eventually.

Profile E-mail