Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What hardwood flooring do you guys recommend for me?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:47 pm 
New User

Hello,

I hope you guys can help me out on choosing a hardwood that would be right for me.
The floor i want to choose should be 3/4 inch in thickness. I will be putting this wood floor in all of the rooms in a private house except the bathroom and kitchen in which granite will be installed. The existing floor is a parquet wood floor which is creaking and I believe was sanded to the max ( nails started showing in the corners). i want to install this floor over the existing floor. I will be installing this floor on the above ground floors (1st and 2nd floor.) I have talked to a contractor and he agreed to do the work for me. He said he will be purchasing the floor and will show me samples and I can pick it from there. I would like a floor that does not decrease the lighting of the room. ( meaning not too dark) i like he color red/brown for the flooring.

What colors do you recommend? You can ask me any question and I am willing to answer them.

As you can probably tell I do not know much about hardwood flooring.

i would like to thank anyone who responds to my post in advance. Thank You.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What hardwood flooring do you guys recommend for me?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:05 pm 
Worthy Contributor

A natural oak floor is light in general but still tends to have some browns and red tones to it. Cherry also is a fairly light wood with a red hue to it. You will probably want to look at a few different choices to help select a flooring by comparing the different wood grains and colors. We work mostly with site-finished floor because the choices are nearly endless and you will be able to get just the right look for your home;however there are many great prefinished products to choose from.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What hardwood flooring do you guys recommend for me?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:00 am 
Worthy Contributor

It really depends upon your budget. As the other guy mentioned; you can't really go wrong with oak and you can stain it whatever color you want. Also, it is much cheaper than many other wood species.

Profile E-mail