Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What do you think about cleats floor gun Primatech P240?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:15 pm 
Semi Newbie Contributor

Hello.
I have bought new Primatech P240 floor gun for cleats.
It is a little bit wired because the handle is reverse to the Bostich floor gun.
Anyone is using Primatech?
Some of the nails don't get all the way in. Very bad for a new gun.
I have been using the bostich MIIIFS I loved it. I have bought it used form an floor contractor never serviced it and it lasted 3 years, now is leaking the air but I would never had to reset the cleats unles I would not hit it strong enough.

What do you think about Primatech?
Thanks Rafal

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:16 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

Primatech is Canadian. Why buy their stuff? They hate Americans. But do love our money. They do make some good floors. But so do we. Bostitch invented the first pneumatic flooring nailer, the M111 FS. Still the best, IMO, and no reason to switch. That M111 FS can be rebuilt quite simply and cheaply for about $20.00 in O-rings and gaskets. Talk to your supplier. They have rebuild kits. Or the supplier can have it rebuilt for you and it will work good as new for way less than that Primatech cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:15 am 
New User

my boss recently bought 2 of the primatech cleat nailers, and imo they aren't worth the money, both broke down in the first 4 months. the gasket in one and one of the internal parts in the other, i would suggest sticking w/ bostick well worth the money and they seem to get/keep the boards tighter :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What do you think about cleats floor gun Primatech P240?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:33 am 
New User

Rafal,

After using is for a while, what do you think about the P240?

Regards,
Paul

mrafalek wrote:
Hello.
I have bought new Primatech P240 floor gun for cleats.
It is a little bit wired because the handle is reverse to the Bostich floor gun.
Anyone is using Primatech?
Some of the nails don't get all the way in. Very bad for a new gun.
I have been using the bostich MIIIFS I loved it. I have bought it used form an floor contractor never serviced it and it lasted 3 years, now is leaking the air but I would never had to reset the cleats unles I would not hit it strong enough.

What do you think about Primatech?
Thanks Rafal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:04 am 
Newbie Contributor

Hmmm, that sucks...I haven't enjoyed a new tool like my P240 in some time, my average PSI is less than 80 and they seat very well. With my Cumaru install, I had to bump it up to 90. Did you put oil in it? The unit says two drops a week and that's all that mine has taken. Make sure that everything is tight...not sure what else to suggest...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:06 am 
Worthy Contributor

I love my primatech. IMO it is a great nailer for all of the reasons you pointed out. Maybe even better for pre-finished. I bought a nice wide foot for a 5/8" bamboo floor I installed worked wonderfully.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:20 am 
Prized Contributor

If there is a Primatech rep on here.... ol'Jerry would love to give it a free trial workout :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:37 am 
Prized Contributor

Sheesh Gary, how can you say such things about us Canadians, lol. Seriously, the general consensus on the streets up here is that without you guys covering our ass, we would be overun by infidels.
As far as Primatech 240's are concerned, we have over 40 of them in daily operation with virtually no problems, and have found them to be almost service free; and when the DO need service, our own shop can usually handle the probs.
We are now transiting to the newer 250 model, which is not only adjustable for various thicknesses, but the base plate has been re-designed to transfer the impact to the tongue of the board, rather than the leading edge, thus preventing damage to the structure of the wood. Very important with all the pre-finished product out there.
A smaller version (Q550) is incredibly versatile and will install all thicknesses of engineered flooring with simple cam adjustments. It uses an 18 guage cleat which virtually eliminates the dimpling that you can get with thinner veneered products, and exotics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:20 pm 
Newbie Contributor

This gun is nice, i don't know what people don't like them. You can get closer to the wall before switching over, also it doesn't require much force to get going. Great, smooth and reliable nailer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:33 pm 

Quote:
Sheesh Gary, how can you say such things about us Canadians, lol. Seriously, the general consensus on the streets up here is that without you guys covering our ass, we would be overun by infidels.

Well, not Canadian floor installers. You guys are our brothers in arm. :) But I spent yrs. traveling around in Canada and learned not to mention I was American. If I did, I got hammered about why the USA did this and why does the USA do that. Of course, that was many years ago. Hope things are different today. Canada has some of the best made hardwood flooring in the world. My comment to the OP was because I knew that guy. He's new here in the USA and from Eastern Europe and has a lot to learn. Made plenty of mistakes and couldn't see him buying another tool when his Bostitch just needed fixing. Let's face it, all these tools break down after awhile and need repairing. You don't buy a new tool just because the older one needs minor repair. Well, maybe some do. I don't know if the Primatech is good, poor or decent. I will say most new stuff is generally put on the market before it should be. It took Bostitch a few yrs to work out the bugs in the M111 FS. I'd bet Primatech is no different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:58 am 
Prized Contributor

Agreed about repairing existing tools rather than replacing them.
As far as Primatech goes, they sent out 50 tools for evaluation before releasing the 250 model for sale. We received 4 of them, and based on our (and others) evaluation over a period of 6 months or so, made the necessary changes to the gun and the production model is flawless.

Speaking of things breaking down and repairing them instead of replacing, my ex-wife didnt follow that philosophy. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:13 am 

Quote:
Speaking of things breaking down and repairing them instead of replacing, my ex-wife didnt follow that philosophy. Laughing

So that's why she is your ex, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:06 am 
Prized Contributor

exactly :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:01 am 
New User

I have had two primatech cleat nailers for over ten years and they have pretty much been zero maintenance. Compared to my bostich which needed the o-rings replaced within a year (it is not a defect that's just routine maintenance). The only maintenance I had to do with the primatech was replace the chamber gasket after I took it apart to clean the air chamber which arguably should be done at least annually but I went 4 years before doing it for the first time. I like both guns but I favor the primatech because it is more reliable and allows nailing closer to the wall because of the handle design. Also, it takes less effort to strike. Hope this helps.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:19 pm 
Semi Newbie Contributor

Thank you guys for reply.