Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Why doesn't T-molding reach the sub-floor?
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:45 am 
Prized Contributor

Floorologist wrote:
Doesn't feel right to me applying adhesive to a damp slab, just something about it. Besides the adhesive states moisture cured, not moisture stick better :mrgreen: Infact I believe they all state for the concrete to be dry.

Yea, thats cus in general most people can't tell the difference between wet and damp. :lol: It's an old carpet installer trick. Try it on something, one damp and one dry and see which one sets faster. Maybe even put some on your finger and rub it with a damp cloth and see if it sticks faster than the other finger. hee hee

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Why doesn't T-molding reach the sub-floor?
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:49 pm 
Prized Contributor

floormeintucson wrote:
Floorologist wrote:
Doesn't feel right to me applying adhesive to a damp slab, just something about it. Besides the adhesive states moisture cured, not moisture stick better :mrgreen: Infact I believe they all state for the concrete to be dry.

Yea, thats cus in general most people can't tell the difference between wet and damp. :lol: It's an old carpet installer trick. Try it on something, one damp and one dry and see which one sets faster. Maybe even put some on your finger and rub it with a damp cloth and see if it sticks faster than the other finger. hee hee

Ofcoarse it sets faster :lol: . But I wasn't talking about curing fast...I was referring to bond strength.

Curing and adhering/bond strength are two different issues. You can speed up curing, and compromise adhering strength.
Yes, it may still adhere..... Say a material is cured by a certain aspect, such as heat, air flow, chemical, or moisture. That isn't saying that the curing agent promotes adhering, but infact, speeding up curing may compromise short or long term bonding. Especially when the curing agent is between the surface, and product to be bonded. There's tons of examples where speeding up curing , can alter the performance of a product.

Profile E-mail