Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Your going to what?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:48 pm 
Prized Contributor

WOW!!!!!

Last September I noticed a lump down low on my belly, right at the edge of the top of my pelvis, that dropped down next to my privates. I didn't know if it was a tumor or a hernya. Doc said it was a hernya, because it would drop back in and disappear.

Well, I was able to put it back in, when it popped out, usually at night when I laid down for the night.

Out on the bay boat this weekend, it would get ruff as the wind picked up in the afternoon, when we were heading back in from the cut into the surf.

Sunday night it was the biggest it has ever been, and hard as a rock. I couldn't get it to go back in. Last night I woke up about 3am. in pain.

This morning after taking my daughter to Karate summer camp, I made a call to the doc. The nurse said to come right in, to see if the doc could get it to go back in.

An hour after getting to his office, I was at the hospital, day surgery. They cut me open and repaired the hernya.

I'll be laid up for at least 2 weeks, he said.

On my short drive to the hospital, I was making calls to my clients to let them know, I would be out of commission, unexpectedly.

This sucks!!!

Had I gotten it taken care of before this, the doc was going to make a small cut by my belly button and go in that way, but not now. He cut me down low and put a mesh screen in. I don't even have stitches. They super glued me back together.... WEIRD!!!

All I can say as the anestisia(sp?) is wearing off, DON'T COUGH!!!!!!!!

OUCH!!!!

Had to get this taken care of before hunting season opens, but I hadn't expected it to go down like this.

I got this hernya from a sneeze, not from picking up anything.

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:44 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

Perry,

Sorry to hear that! :( It does "suck" whenever you get sick, injured or need medical attention. I've had my fair share, I'll tell you. I pray for a speedy recovery for you. At least you'll get to loaf around the house for a few weeks, getting waited on. Think of it as a mini vacation. :wink:

Regards, Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:21 am 
Prized Contributor

Loaf around?? I wish! I already have the "since your going to be home" list of things to do.

This morning it ain't too bad.

They gave me Hydrocodine, but I have yet to take one pill. They make me sick and give me a killer headache. I asked for Davocet, but NOOOOOO!

I took 4, 200 mil Motrin (iBprophain 800 mil total) last night about 8 pm and that is all I have taken for the pain.

Just don't cough or sneeze!! I thought the pain would be worse, then it is.

Post subject: Pain
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:04 pm 
Worthy Contributor

Perry (If that truly is your name!):
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Remember, though . . . GO FOR THE MORPHINE! Yaaa, Dude! Yaah!

*clearing my throat* "And best regards to the misses!"

Charlie

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:46 pm 
Prized Contributor

Yes, Perry it is.

I have 40 hydrocodine tablets, but have yet to take one. They make my stomach flip flop, and upchuck, while giving me a tremendous headache.

all I have had today, was at 11 am this morning. Another 800 mil grams of iBprophain (Motrin)

Heck, I mowed the back yard today, had to have a little something, something, just incase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:27 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

Moving the lawn a day after surgery! I guess you must like being in the hospital 'cause that's where you'll end up if you don't take it easy till you heal properly. C'mon man, ya' got to milk this to get a little R&R! Hope you're feeling better soon! :)

Regards, Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:12 am 
Prized Contributor

The doc said I'm not to lay around. I was suppose to get up and walk. I just took it easy and walked behind the mower.

Starting it was tricky. walking behind it was easy.

I have no stitches. He superglued me together. He put some type of mess / screen in there.

My wife flipped out too, Gary. I got the third degree last night when she opened the back door to let the dog out. :oops: