Amish made hardwood

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: More Help Needed
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:38 am 
New User

Floor Looks great and like you guys said......everything was pretty square and am still sleeping in the big bed.
However.......can't get rid of some glue spots.......any suggestions?The bostick glue remover works great but it looks like water spots on glasses.
In hindsight I should have been cleaning every day but it was such a mess and in a hurry to finish.
You guys should publish a book.......you could put together on Word and just staple it together when someone requests it....I bought one from Lowes and it was bad.....if you do please include a troubleshooting section.

Here is a section the board seperated......so I made a solution of varnish and saw dust as fill.......I doesn't look bad.

http://www.newbid.net/temp_photos/P1260026.jpg
[/url]
Here is the hallway and if you magnify you'll see plenty of glue.
http://www.newbid.net/temp_photos/P1260027.jpg
[url]Here I have a gap and filled in with sawdust and poly....came out ok
Thanks for any help on the glue.
Lou

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:09 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

Jackson,
We all have been there. Sometimes, on gluedowns, it seems I spend more time cleaning adhesive of floors than installing. Oh, sometimes I miss the good old days of Franklin 911. Pretty good looking install. I noticed some things that are a no no but since this is your first time and a great effort, I'll not knock it. Good job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:22 am 
Semi Newbie Contributor

your joints are not staggered enough. many of the joints are only one row apart, so dont be suprised if within months you fall through the floor in those spots!!! Just messin with ya, the floor looks good, but on the next one make sure you rock the ultra staggerd look!!! IT is a stronger and more attractive pattern.

Lets here it for Jacksonian, a man of infinite courage and unsurpassed inginuity!!!

Your Buddy
JAmal

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:45 am 
Worthy Contributor

HIP HIP .... Hooray!!!!! Ya made it! Give 'er a year and you'll hav 'worthy contributer' stamped under your name in the left column :mrgreen:

Great Job.

In order to achieve what the competition cannot grasp, we must complete what they will not attempt. Nobody ever said it would be easy, but it's darn sure worth it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:03 am 
Worthy Contributor

Use a razor blade to scrape the glue spots off hold it at a about a 45 degrees and lightly scrape it off. Be careful and bend the blade a little on the edges so they do not dig into the wood. Use some glue remover as a lubricant and it will come right up. Plan on doing this for a while.

Profile E-mail