Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:56 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

$10,000.00 a week divided by three= $3,333.00 each per week divided by 40 hrs.=$83.33 per hour. Very good wages for California, even better for Texas. What am I doing wrong? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:21 pm 
close but not quite. 20,000 - 1500 for supplies and tool rental{drum sander} + 18,500. minus 10% for the company=16650 i get half of that and they split the rest. my jobs my tools and i taught these guys most of what they know except for shawn who knows wood pretty well. they have no problems with the arrangement. it aint every week but its getting better the more i get my name out on the web. last five months i have not even had to think about working for a retailer. thank you GOD, ken and steve they have shown me the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:13 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

Your'e gettin' over 4 grand a week and renting the sanders? Unless you only do finish in place occasionally, would'nt it be better to buy the sanders? Huge tax deduction also! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:46 pm 
Prized Contributor

william mear wrote:
Perry i am surperised you dont remember the t.r.c.c. thing we talked about it alot on another board when i found out about it four months ago
and i do not wish to start an arguement but not everyone in the flooring business is capable of handling large jobs successfully. if so they all would be doing them. to do a $20,000.00 labor only job in ten days with two other installers and no helpers requires very good management

No argument there!

Successfully is a big word!

Oh, ya. I remember you posting about that, now that you brought it back up.
I'm getting old timers disease!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:14 pm 
yes it would be cheaper to have a sander. have only done 3 sand and finish and all of them in the last 18 months. plus those h/d sanders for 30 bucks a day cant be beat and they are real nice to learn on. i would not have wanted to learn how to sand with a 8 horsepower 12 inch drum sander. the very first sand i did i had 100 chatters. learned how to fix that real fast. when it is time to by that sander i will be all over it. i am a tool hound. have at least two of everything, just in case.