Amish made hardwood

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:07 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

OMU= Oil modified urethane. Commonly called polyurethane or oil-based poly.

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:17 am 

Let me make a suggestion. You like the Padco pads but the 10" is too small, right? You can buy a wood block that hold a lambswool and then buy the flocking material that is what Padco uses in a large sheet. Then cut the material to wrap around that wood block. The blocks come in 12", 14", 16", etc. You can push the finish on or snow plow it, either way. Have you ever tried a T-bar?
http://padco.com/default.cfm/PID=1.9.2.2
http://padco.com/default.cfm/PID=1.9.2.1
http://www.padco.com/default.cfm/PID=1.9.2

Post subject: Thankyou Gary
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:13 pm 
Semi Newbie Contributor

Gary,
your such a bastard, no not really :D . Thank you for taking the time to assist me in finding exactly what I was looking for, Im going to attain the block with the 18" pad, that looks like the ticket for me

btw, did you check out the "smoother" in the floor tool section on the PADCO website, It looked liked a bigger padco, that was flat on the bottom, but the description was vague. No measurement listed or anything, it looked to be fixeld on a styrofoam block, and at least 12", but I wonder. Have you seen one of those?

Thanks again Gary, whats Antioch Cali like?

PS
I think Im gonna look into the NWFA seminars, even though I dont need any help at all :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:13 pm 

A bastard am I? I think not! To answer your question, I have seen those Padco cut in flocked styrofoam block things at my distributor. I can see those being helpful in smaller, tight areas like closets, 1/2 baths, pantrys and the like. FYI, Antioch, CA. is the 3rd largest city in Contra Costa County. It has a pop. of over 100,000 and is next to the Sacramento River. Great boating, skiing and fishing. Great weather here most of the time and housing appreciation has been phenominal. I make $40,000.00 a year just living here by home appreciation, although that may change soon I hear. And I took a NWFA advanced install and finish class (four days) about seven years ago after being in the trade for nearly 20 years. I learned a lot and it was helpful. You're never to old or know too much, to learn something new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:18 am 
Semi Newbie Contributor

LOL, hot damn, 40 a year on appreciation is NICE!!!!!
I live in Albany OR, the second largest city in Linn CO Oregon which happens to be by far the stinkiest town this side of the mississippi. There are wood and paper mills here!!! Pop. is 50 thousand, and my home appreciated 15 thousand in the last 2 years YIPPEE.
Maybe Ill move to Antioch :idea:

I live an ~hour away from mount Bachelor, best snowboarding in the world, an hour away from the oregon coast and minutes away from a bunch of great rafting rivers, lakes and a multitude of fantastic golf courses!!! But its too freakin cold!!!

Thanks for all your thoughts and advice, I plan on continueing to be a positive addtion to the forum, and have felt welcome and fortunate to be here.

SEEYA
JAMAL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:25 am 
Worthy Contributor

Weather here's been most miserable I can remember (been here 12 years) I've seen the sun 5 thimes since Dec 12th!! Oh well ... snow pack getting deep in the mtns. so hopefully end of our drought.

House has appreciated from 102K April of 2003 now can get 180K today ... Antioch eh? Hey Gary .... need any competition :lol: ???? No way we could afford to live there ... House big enough for 6 probably at least 500K.

Think your town "stinks" try Lewiston Idaho ... Potlatch paper mills IN THE DESERT! You've probably seen the sun in Oregon as much as we have ... oh yeah that reminds me GO SEAHAWKS! (for my wife :roll: )

In order to achieve what the competition cannot grasp, we must complete what they will not attempt. Nobody ever said it would be easy, but it's darn sure worth it.

Profile E-mail