Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Vacuum cleaner for hardwood flooring
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:38 am 
New User

Hi!
Sorry if I came to the wrong forum, but I hope you could help me.
Just had new hardwood by Vintage installed, so now I need a new vacuum as well. After reading this topic: major-scratches-newly-refinished-bona-floors-t11336.html I decided to ask for advice. Which vacuum could you recommend? As far as I know, most models have special attachments for a hard floor, yet still I'm afraid that I could ruin my flooring with scratches from wheels.
As for now, I'm choosing between Shark NV755 (from https://www.consumerreports.org/vacuum- ... od-floors/) and Orek U2000 (described here: https://wisepick.org/best-commercial-vacuum/), but I'd be grateful for any recommendations.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Vacuum cleaner for hardwood flooring
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:39 pm 
Worthy Contributor

Personally I swear by Dyson, really great products and worth the extra price. Try to avoid the heads with wheels, the brush heads are better. Best method if you are worried about scratches, is to sweep with a microfibre mop head. Rubbermaid makes a good microfibre mob with a removable pad that goes in the washing machine. Best 20$ you could spend!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:03 pm 
Prized Contributor

I like the back pack vacuums which have a greater volume of air for pick-up.
The wand that comes with them have soft bristles and come with a crevice attachment, and usually have a reducer that attaches to any brush attachment.
We use this for vacuuming dust before coating a floor with finish. You may need to have an extension cord. For $350-400 I think it is the best buy, too. My wife loves the whole house vacuum which would need to be installed by a professional company and has a large motor in the utility room, so she only uses a 30 foot hose to get around to each room from three wall outlets in our house.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:30 am 
New User

Who can tell the best product among those listed on this site?
https://www.officechairandtable.com/best-commercial-vacuum-cleaner/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:09 pm 
Prized Contributor

The Pro Team back-pac is very good. We use it before applying finish. It comes with a six foot cord so we keep a 25 foot extension cord to get throughout a house. It has a good motor and great suction. A Hepa filter is available. The paper bags last a week or more cause we empty them after they get about a quart of dust. Since the opening is very big it's easy to dump the bags, which have two layers to catch the dust.

Profile E-mail