Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: WFI and Former Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:07 am 
Site Admin

Guys I have to provide some sort of explanation why this post has been deleted but it has nothing to do with the WFI product to my knowledge, unless someone provides concrete evidence to the fact. I started this message board for consumer advice and appreciate all the constructive help from everybody with one exception.

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:13 am 
You are bending to the will of your supplier and all the world see's it.
why would you not want your customers to know that wfi has changed the way they make thier wood. and it is not for the better.
people are watching

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:56 am 
Newbie Contributor

Ken,

I don't think you need to explain anything. There's been plenty of information on this topic for people to see what's going on. I, for one, really appreciate this resource and the information I've been able to gleen. A resource you PROVIDE FOR FREE and people really ought to just either say thank you or move on if they don't appreciate it.

Thank You.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:34 am 
I have said thank you more times than anyone else for this medium. and i show my appreciation by coming back and contributing to this forum. and now ken says he doesn't appreciate the time i have given up to come read the posts and reply to them. i have been around here for over 18 months and have tons of contributions. i also have a problem with being banned for pointing out a defective product. just cause wfi and ken say it aint defective does not mean it aint defective. the pics i posted are gone from here but they will be up again.
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH RIGHTEOUSNESS AS LONG AS YOUR RIGHT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:52 pm 
Valued Contributor

William.
You are coming across as a guy holding a gun to his own head screaming, "STOP, or I'll shoot!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:36 am 
Site Admin

unless someone provides concrete evidence to the fact

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:00 pm 
Prized Contributor

I have to say, after looking at a clients samples yesterday, WFI has changed the way there engineered flooring is made, since the last time I saw it.
Spacing between the core, and a different species of wood used under the top veneer.

Good or bad, it does look scarey.

I think Bellawood has a leg up on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

Okay..Kahrs does the same thing with their Mega and Strip lines and that's only a two ply. Shall we now throw them in the same camp as Bellawood? I don't think so. All manufacturers are different and there will always be debates amongst 3,5,7 ply and so forth...this that and the other thing. I only wish we had someone to comment that works with WFI on a continuing basis.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:36 pm 
Prized Contributor

How long has Mega strip been out on the market?
I saw the first sample of it also yesterday. I about choked when I saw Kahrs name on it!

Your right is looks identical in construction to the WFI.
I said "What is this junk" and turned it over to see KAHRS, Ahhhh!

People buy that crap? A budget floor at best! I hope they are not pushing that as their quality line.

I guess I'm one of those guys that don't like change!
I would have freaked too, had I opened cartons and saw the old boards that were the same species all the way through construction, and these new fangled cheaply made stuff. My mind is telling me one is going to move differently then the other.

Wonder when Mannington will follow suit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

Crap? Geesh--you carpet guys kill me. It's been in Europe for quite awhile. Take a look at it installed. It blows away many other gluedowns.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:14 pm 
Prized Contributor

Ah, I forgot I had to be specific here...

How long has it been out in the american market?

Europe doesn't mean anything to me, if I can't put my hands on it.

Yes, I can install carpet also, along with pretty much any flooring you place in front of me. What does that have to do with what we are discussing here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:30 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

OK, So I got some samples of WFI's 3 ply single strip. One is N American Walnut and the other is Caribbean Walnut. They are constructed the same, with a 1/8" top hardwood veneered layer, and a thicker softwood core (pine?) with a thin softwood (pine?) bottom. Of course, the core is at 90 deg. to the top and bottom layer. The only differences between the two is the top wear layer and the Caribbean Walnut is kerfed on the backside about every three inches and the N. Americam Walnut is not kerfed at all. The kerfing only goes through the bottom layer and doesn't go into the core. I would not have a problem gluing these floors down since I assume that WFI warranties their floor against delamination. Being a three ply, I would be concerned about warping unless the slab tested dry and a moisture barrier of some sort was employed. Putting the two samples together, the fit and milling seem very good; as does the quality of the finish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:33 pm 
Prized Contributor

You guys are getting me wrong here.

All I'm saying is, I can see why William was freaking out.

If I opened a carton and saw something like that, after installing many, many, many sq.ft. of the old production process boards, human nature is going to say"what's up with this"

William had a concern with production dates. Not only that, but between production dates, they changed the construction, without his knowledge.

I too, would have thought someone was pulling a fast one.

All I'm saying is, I can see how this all started.

Good, bad, or ugly, it may be the next best thing to come to the engineered market??

You should have seen me freak, the first time I saw OSB. I know many others here did too, when they first saw it, after having plywood for so many years.

This thread is really about, CHANGE. How we handle changes and what we do about it.
I ask questions, trying not to be mis-taken, at what I'm trying to say.
William, was already emotionally involved, so he may have gone a little overboard. I'm not taking up for the guy and the way he acts, but I can see how his concerns came about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:38 pm 
Valued Contributor

Gee,Perry. I bet you would crap your pants if you had to install Pattern Plus.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

Probably put that one in the Bellawood camp too Chuck :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next