Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:01 am 
Prized Contributor

saynotohacks wrote:
On a final note, I see it as a good thing that you are now referring folks to NWFA for installer referrals.

Then you would have ended up with me!! LOL!!!

Last time I looked, I was the only one listed that is not a dealer in the greater Austin area.

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:27 am 
Most Valuable Contributor

Hey man, you got yourself an NWFA monopoly in Austin? How'd you swing that? Totally cool! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:32 am 
Floorguy wrote:
saynotohacks wrote:
Then you would have ended up with me!! LOL!!!

Last time I looked, I was the only one listed that is not a dealer in the greater Austin area.

:) Very nice thought. However, hardly true. There are several NWFA installers in the Austin area (dealer/contractor or contractor) available to install wood purchased by the customer. In no way is this response intended to be an opinion or comment on your services or work. For all I know, you may be a very good, top notch installer, especially if you are NWFA certified. I am assuming that your are Floors Done Wright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:38 am 
Ray Darrah wrote:
High percentage of Retailers don't inspect or deal directly with customer complaints these days; they just file a complaint with the manufacturer....
Sorry to RE-introduce the argument... But it proves "some things never change"........

Quite the contrary, my retailer (Pennington Hardwoods) exceeded at communicating with all parties, inspecting, and dealing directly with all complaints. I highly recommend Pennington Hardwoods to anyone (customer or installer) interested in purchasing quality hardwood flooring products together with highly reliable, quality service, all at very reaonable pricing.

Thanks for your contributions to this topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:54 pm 
Prized Contributor

Yep, they all are dealer / contractors. Meaning, they personally don't do the work.

But what they don't have is a certification, stating they have been tested by the NWFA, like I do. They just paid the cash to be listed, and become a member. I actually have inspector certification, and I've spent a little time with Howard Brickman, my wood professor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:35 pm 
Floorguy wrote:
Yep, they all are dealer / contractors. Meaning, they personally don't do the work.

But what they don't have is a certification, stating they have been tested by the NWFA, like I do. They just paid the cash to be listed, and become a member. I actually have inspector certification, and I've spent a little time with Howard Brickman, my wood professor.

You and your unsubstantiated, off the wall claims and spins about various people, places, and things are just too funny. As I said, several are listed purely as contractors only, and several as dealer/contractors. Anyone can verify that, yet you seem to want to stick to your story. Also, I know for a fact that your paid cash versus certification story is way inaccurate. It does not reflect well on you to be making such erroneous, untrue claims with regard to your local peers. This definitely tells me more about you.

I agree that they may not all be certified NWFA inspectors, but not with your claim that all of them are not NWFA trained, tested certified installers.

BTW, it seems very puzzling that you find the time do so much work, and all of your own work while being able to spend so much time on all the message boards you are on night and day in and day out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:30 pm 
Prized Contributor

LOL!!!!! :lol:

Your too much, I giggle everytime I read your insightful posts.

If you only really had a clue. I have no flooring employees. You call, you get ME! I do the work, solo. Help slows me down and causes me headaches.

NWFA membership is $350. For that you get to be a member with all the benefits. You even get the Technical Manual. You don't have to take any test. LOL... :lol:

The certification I took is another $250, to take the written portion of the test, which is long. It is an all day test,. I can't remember just how many questions there were exactly, but it was well over 300-plus, you had scenerios to answer in a report form, also. I can tell you it wasn't easy. It was the entire Technical Manual and real life situations, are what is tested.

You think flooring is my only business... My wife and I own 4, very profitable businesses.
Flooring is just something I enjoy doing.

I bowhunt more then anything. It is something else I enjoy tremendously. Right now the wild russian hogs are moving!!!! See, I take guys out to the stand, or point them towards the woods and tell them where the hogs "might" be, either way @ $125 per hunter, that business is booming. South Texas at it's best! The best part I get to Bowhunt too!

It is almost time for the Personal Watercraft to start pile'n in also, as people get them out of winter storage. Oh, did I mention I build Racing PWC?? Championship boats too, not recreational junk either. I have 7 championships under my belt and my wife has 2, I hung up my racing days in 2000.

I have time for my family, because i am self employeed!!!

Did I mention, my wife does the Florist thing, and come Feb. 1st I become the Floorist, since i own ½. I can design a stunning, dozen red roses! Now why can't I get her to help me on the floor??? :lol:

So now you know my life, how about your excuse???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:59 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

OK you two, stop arguing! About the NWFA. Anyone can become a member. There is no test or requirement. You don't have to be licensed or a business owner. You pay your dues and that's it, your an NWFA member. They want you to abide by their principles in business dealings or they can throw you out if they choose. You do not have to be trained by them, go to their training schools, attend meetings, seminars or classes. They offer these programs for a fee to help individuals and businesses become better educated but there is no requirement to attend to be a NWFA member. So, anyone who has paid their dues can advertise that they are an NWFA member and be on all the lists for their classification (manufacterer, distributor, dealer, retailer, contractor, etc.). The NWFA offers classes in being certified as a installer and those that pass the test are now NWFA certified installers. The same thing applies for certification for flooring inspections. This is above and beyond being a member. It shows you have had the training and knowledge and have passed the rigorous exams. It doesn't mean you're the best of the best nor does it mean you know it all. It's like going to school: it shows you've taken the time, made the effort, learned the material and passed the exam. Similar to state licensing. It is most important in states that have no licensing requirement to be a contractor. Personally, I'm all for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:04 pm 
Prized Contributor

Ya... what he said LOL :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:33 am 
Good for you Floorguy. Very glad to hear that you are living the life that you are most happy with and proud of, and it sounds like you are being the man that you have always wanted to be. I too share your sentiments with regard to floors. Wish you all the best. You go dude.

Gary, thank you for your input and clarification.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:19 am 
Prized Contributor

:lol:

Thanks, I guess.

Do I need to appologize, for bringing you down this road?

If so, I appologize. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:06 am 
Floorguy wrote:

Do I need to appologize, for bringing you down this road?

If so, I appologize. 8)

What do you mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:26 am 
Prized Contributor

Quote:
Also, I know for a fact that your paid cash versus certification story is way inaccurate. It does not reflect well on you to be making such erroneous, untrue claims with regard to your local peers. This definitely tells me more about you.

You basically called me a liar!

I was being the bigger man by appologizing to you, for forcing you to stick you foot in your mouth. :lol:

You refuse to be force fed crow, and it tells me all about your character. 8)

Is an appology, out of your scope of things to do in life?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:56 am 
No time for your games. You do, but I don't. Like I said, I wish you. Nothing more, nothing less.

nuffsaid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:28 am 
Prized Contributor

:!: Yep, nuffsaid! :!: