Amish made hardwood

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: wfi and former posters
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:02 pm 
Valued Contributor

I read that thread.
Having been in the industry since age 7, I've seen products change.
I've also seen manufactures produce products to fit a price point rather than fit a quality standard. All manufacturers make products to fit different retail price points. Many "price point" products are nothing more than material to cover a floor...........temporarily.
WFI products are good products. If WFI made bad stuff (which, by the way....... they could have had a bad run....... like all manufacturers have bad runs) I would be getting more consumer and retailer inspections on that material.... AND I HAVE NOT!!!!!!!
Now, if you want to know the products and manufacturers I've been getting lots of call on...................???
To Ernesto.......... Stephen is his real name and he is a nice young man with problems since his motorcyle accident. I told him to wear "head protection" but he would not listen!!!!!!!!!!!

Amish made hardwood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:19 pm 
EDITED By Administration:

Sorry folks can't allow it on this message board. Can't we just move on and forget about this? If you want to keep rambling on about WFI by all means go for it, but I don't think others need to know what happened behind the scenes. Yea, I saw it and it horrified me the first time I saw it---and the reason for the removal of the orginal poster. Perhaps now you'll understand why the original thread was deleted and it had nothing to do with WFI itself but the questionable character of the original poster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:37 pm 

See above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:49 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

All I can say is: AMAZING!
P.S. I thought Will had a screw lose. Now I know it!
P.P.S. Those pics he posted on that "other site"; they were all the SAME board. He picks one flawed board out of a thousand and has a breakdown.
With his attitude and "colorful speach", I don't fault the homeowner from throwing his behind out. I would have too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:33 am 
Valued Contributor

I find more amazing the fact that he has garnered a pair of cheerleaders in the persons of P. and S.

I have only one side of the story still. Anyone can type anything. I was hoping to get William's side,but he has been less than forthcoming with specific info. He has my number.

"All I know is that I know nothing"

Socrates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:43 am 
Prized Contributor

Well this P has not cheered anyone on.

All I did, was agree WFI changed the way they make their floor, to cheaper standards and materials then they once did.

If you want to read between the lines, to come up with something that is not there, be my guest. My wife does that to me all the time. I'm use to it.

I can't speak for S. Now S can't speak for himself, here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:01 am 
Chuck, I'll be happy to forward all the original emails for you to see. Just let me know. In addition, I have much more that you can review if you are interested.

For P, the wood hasn't changed. Don't know where you get that faulty conclusion from. Note the WFI board that Mr. Mear took from my home without my knowledge or permission, against my clearly stated wishes, and has refused to return. It is dated 02/24/04. That's about five months before I started picking up WFI samples and had my first look at a WFI 9/16" engineered exotic single strip board. If the wood construction had changed, then this board in the photos should be dated after August 04.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:49 am 
Prized Contributor

saynotohacks wrote:

For P, the wood hasn't changed. Don't know where you get that faulty conclusion from. Note the WFI board that Mr. Mear took from my home without my knowledge or permission, against my clearly stated wishes, and has refused to return. It is dated 02/24/04. That's about five months before I started picking up WFI samples and had my first look at a WFI 9/16" engineered exotic single strip board. If the wood construction had changed, then this board in the photos should be dated after August 04.

Argue all you want... You install wood everyday and should know what your talking about, right?

I usually install higher end wood in the first place. My experience with WFI is from clients that purchase it, the same as you. My last WFI installation was April of last year. I had previously been installing it more frequently. The several 1000 ft. I have installed, were not a bi-speciecs board. I can see now, why I have not seen it in a year. My clients demand more quality then the samples I recently have seen.

So, although in your search to be knowledgeable, you don't understand, why I come to the fact, that WFI has changed the way and the materials the floor is manufactured.

This is the way all the other WFI I have personally installed looked.

Notice how the species is the same throughout construction.

Now this is a quality board of Brazillian Cherry. This is exactly what all the WFI I have installed, looked like.

Now if a client calls and request my services, I'm not going to turn the job down, just because it is WFI and made like that. I just won't be surprised when I open that first carton, now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:25 am 
Worthy Contributor

The first phot looks like solid, the second is too blurry..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:33 pm 
Floorguy wrote:
saynotohacks wrote:

Argue all you want... You install wood everyday and should know what your talking about, right?

The several 1000 ft. I have installed, were not a bi-speciecs board.

Notice how the species is the same throughout construction.

Argue? Please, get real. You have continued to argue over and over, the same thing repeating yourself through numerous posts for several weeks now. I have simply produced facts, no argument required.

Never heard of, or seen a homogeneous exotic species engineered 3-ply board from WFI or any other manufacturer. All (including numerous samples from WFI obtained throughout 2004) have had a center core made from different (less expensive) species, and for sure no manufacturer would add the cost of building the backing layer from an exotic species since it would serve no purpose other than to increase cost, and may not be a good choice for glue down installations.

Your claim of a WFI 3-ply exotic strip engineered board, with all 3 layeres made from a single exotic species is way out. Even the president of WFI has posted that this has never been the case.

BTW, your photos don't seem to be displaying on the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:12 pm 
Prized Contributor

Argue if you want! Your doing it again, but don't realise it.

If that reply was to argue the fact that I have been at this longer then you, you would be correct. That is a fact

You just never got to see the good stuff. That is a fact

The manufacturer can say what they want. It would hurt them to admit it now. That is a fact.

I know what my eyes have seen, just as I wasn't believing Mr.Mear when he said it changed, in the original deleted thread. I had to see it for myself, to make that call. That is a fact.

I have some pictures I took of a water damage repair, with the old WFI.

It shows the layers as I busted it up. The inter layers are busted loose and delaminated from the face, because I was tearing it out. Pieces show that it is the same wood throughout the construction of the board. I'll load them later so you can see.

The pictures show up on my computer. Wait for them to load before you get in a huff to hit reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:50 pm 
It is very interesting to see just how invested you are in this ongoing argument/crusade that you have been waging. I can only speculate as to what your reasons and motives are. However, it is very apparent that you have an agenda here. I do know one thing from personal experience. That is, that contrary to your earlier statements denying your association, in truth you know William Mear very well, and have for some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:22 pm 
Prized Contributor

Never met the guy face to face. The guy has crossed me on more then one occasion. He has threatened me in the same manner your e-mails show. I don't care to know the guy. He has nothing to offer me.
If we met face to face, It would be hard to keep my cool. In a round about way, the guy cost me some cheese, last year.

I can however still get past all that, to agree with what I saw.

My agenda is not as a retailer that is into increasing sales.
My agenda is not as an enduser, who lacks the least amount of knowledge on the construction and the properties of wood and those differences between spieces.

My agenda is to confirm what I have seen in the past, and what I saw with the recent product they are producing. They are 2 totally different boards!!!
It explains why I have not seen it now in almost a year. It was once a nice board. My clients expect more.
My agenda is from an installation professionals point of view. Something, someone that has no installation experience would ever understand.

Are we not in the Contractors & Installers chit chat forum? What part of that industry, do you belong to?... exactly.

What do you think installers from all over the world, talk about to other installers? The weather?

You seem to be a little upset(I'd be upset too) over this whole deal and want to argue, or you wouldn't even give this board or me for that matter, your valuable time!! Now would you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:29 pm 
saynotohacks wrote:

Yea, I saw it and it horrified me the first time I saw it---and the reason for the removal of the orginal poster. Perhaps now you'll understand why the original thread was deleted and it had nothing to do with WFI itself but the questionable character of the original poster.

Ken,

As you know, I've always known exactly why you deleted the orginal thread and poster, but perhaps you are speaking to the board participants at large, and not specifically to me. I have saved copies of all of the orginal thread, and all of your many edits of your original post to try and explain why you took action as you did.

As to rambling on about WFI, I hardly think that I have done so. I, like most here on this board have no issue with WFI. With the exception of the jig saw hacked radius cuts made on my 2nd floor stair landing hall by William Mear, complete with numerous boards that crack and pop when walked on, the approximately 1600 sq. ft. installed by the new installers is absolutely super, drop dead beautiful, and not a crack or pop in the entire lot. The second floor landing defects and mis-installation is only the tip of the iceberg. Perhaps I will post the entire list here at some point in the future.

It has been stated numerous times that this message board is for the benefit of flooring consumers and installers. My purpose has been to educate other consumers so that they don't have to suffer the misfortune of, and torture from engaging with this contractor. Mear has made a multitude of threats and tried to use several deleterious tactics in order to dissuade me from speaking out. However, I will not allow him to intimidate me any longer. Instead, I will tell on William Mear until there is no more to tell and there remains no one left that needs to hear. The consumer public in central Texas needs to have this information in order to make an informed decision as to whether or not to stay clear of William Mear and any association with Mearperfect.

After all, it was you who recommended Mear for my job, and you have yet to answer my question as to how and why you came to do so. Also, in your original recommendation note you requested that I let you know how everything progresses. On a final note, I see it as a good thing that you are now referring folks to NWFA for installer referrals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:34 pm 
Valued Contributor

This explains it all. A poor installation being blamed on material.
1/2 the complaints our firm inspects are directly related to the installer blaming the product. High percentage of Retailers don't inspect or deal directly with customer complaints these days; they just file a complaint with the manufacturer....
Sorry to RE-introduce the argument... But it proves "some things never change"........