Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:38 pm 
Prized Contributor

Gary wrote:
Don't burden yourself with the technical details at this point. Send the letter of legal intent. I doubt much will come of it. They already know you will have to sue them and that you won't be able to get more than 5 grand so why should they give in at this point? They are hoping you will give up and just live with it. The ball is in your court. What are you going to do?

If it over $5000 in damages you would be foolish to only go as high as small claims court.

Who says it has to go to small claims. File for the amount your out of pocket, to the court you need!!! Above small claims, they will help you or direct you how to go about getting payment. It is usually declared in the judgement, where small claims, your on your own to get them to pay, or how to go about garnishing there assets and bank accounts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:08 pm 
Newbie Contributor

The owner from Simply Supurb Flooring just called my office screaming at me, I tried to settle him down, but apprently he is a hot head, he said;"you have know patience" and hung up, (I can't keep these people on the phone to have a intelligent conversation) Perhaps he is right and I am inpatient, but I have tried to get thier attention since June 1, 2005. Everytime I asked for a conclusion, or a report , they say; "we will call you back", so instead of waiting I called them each week. They never once returned my call! I think it's apparent they wanted the legal mess to occur. I also beleive they had no intention to resolve my problem.

I am working on a independent inspector, then if he feels I have a case, I will contact an attorney.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:17 pm 
Prized Contributor

Why did he call you this time, since he never would return your calls prior?

Did he receive your letter of intent.

Or did the manufacturer contact him, and now he knows your on it and going above his head?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:06 pm 
Newbie Contributor

I normally call once a week to check in with Simply Superg Flooring Downers Grover, Illinois, and see if there is any progress towards resolving my problem. Last Friday I called, and his wife answered and started screaming at me for calling; she said;"I told you I would call you if I had something" Then she said;"Don't call here again, don't call here again!!!" I called her back and left a message indicating;"Legally that is not an option for you, you sold me the floor". Well he (The Owner) must have been offended by me doing so. Also, his installer offered to install my quarter round, he wanted $100 bucks, so I gave it to him. The owner was very upset about that, I can see his point on that issue.

Well anyways he called me and started screaming and using threatening language to me on the phone, I asked him to calm down and he told me to get a lawyer, before I could get another;"word in" he hund up on me! I can't either of these two people engaged into a conversation, more than 30 - 40 seconds, without them hanging up.

Really the funny thing is, this guy appeared to be such a nice guy in the beginning (Of course I was handing $$ over then)... Things always change on the post sale side of things.

Of course you are only hearing my side of the story, he may tell you that I am the biggest @U@u2le too. Yet I do not see the problem calling once a week, what may not be important to them, could be important to me the customer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:45 pm 
Prized Contributor

They are lucky, I would have been calling daily. Then when they qiut answering my calls, I'd call from different phone numbers, so caller I'D wouldn't clue them in.

I'm the biggest prick when someone jacks me around and is being less then truthful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:16 pm 
Newbie Contributor

Floorguy,

Well that was the case. The figured out my office number (caller id) and wouldn't answer when I called, but when I used a cell phone they would answer the phone, but when they heard my voice they would put me on hold then hang up.... I have to disguise my voice at first then tell them who I was, I really hate those sort of tricks!!

I hope to have a inspector lined up tomorrow, today a called a couple people but I hav'nt heard from them , most likely tomorrow.

I want to complete the upstairs, how do you feel about floating engineered floors? I am pretty sure I can install a wood floor, I have 250 sq ft for the upstairs loft and hallway, four doorways. I would like to tag along with someone and help them with thier floor to gain experience doing mine, I really don't need this hassle when hiring someone to do it for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:56 pm 
Most Valuable Contributor

Maybe we should rename them "Simply Stupid Flooring"! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:48 pm 
Newbie Contributor

Im the guy in Chicago that wrote a couple of months ago about my problems with my floating wood BR111 floor. My story is roughly the same as the one here. I had a BR111 inspector out and was not helpful at all. Legally I have to have the company come back out and see what they will do to rectify the problem. They should be out here in 2 weeks or so. I know Im going to have to end up suing them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:54 pm 

Sorry to hear that! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:01 pm 
Newbie Contributor

It's a luck of the draw! I have been in contact with Mulican, they said that they now have the inspection proposal... Mullican said; "it's positive" but wouldn't provide any further information. How hot is that! I spoke the Bahr company, the tech support people said the Sales rep was to call me, he never will..... The good ole boy club! With the installer. Heck even private inspectors won't return phone calls!

The best thing one can do; educate yourself, get some experience and install the damn floor yourself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:39 am 

I understand your frustration. How you gonna get the experience to install your own floor? I still think the best is to hire an experienced installer with sterling references. Note I said installer, not experienced flooring company. Flooring companies are in business to take your money. Installers are in business to install flooring and hopefully, make a decent living while plying their trade. Don't confuse the two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:48 am 
Prized Contributor

I agree whole heartedly, flooring companies, are just middle men, when it comes to installation. They charge more then they actually pay installers. They mark up labor, and dictate what a subcontracted installer is going to make on the job. They are the ones who keep installation rates low and the installers on the edge of poverty. Most installers are trapped by thinking, how will I work without a flooring store selling product?? Making them get taken advantage of by the retail flooring stores. If the installers were smart enough to sell their labor at an hourly rate, just as if the store had real employees, the stores would bid jobs right, or take a loss as a cost of doing business. After loosing money on a job or 2, you would no longer see an underbid job again.

The installer walks into a job "blind" as some know nothing salesman has sold the job and his labor at a cheap rate to undercut other bidders. Salesmen, are in the business of selling, not installing, which can lead to what has happened in these cases. A jogb where the labor is way underbid, causing the subcontracted installer, to go as fast as he can, and cut all the corners needed for a lasting installation. Slap it on the floor and pick up the check!! The stores call the true professionals that care and know how to charge for their skill and professionalism, "WHINERS"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:57 am 
Prized Contributor

Yep most flooring retailers salespeople work mainly on a commision structure, the more they sell the more they can make so the have a bad habit of oversellling the capabilities and knowlege of the installers they are using. Most times guys bidding the work dont Have any idea who will acuallybe installing the floor. In my area most of the subs that floor covering stores use are fly by nights or ex carpet guys looking for work. Most of them just want to slap something down in an hurry to get paid so they can buy some more beer. Anyway, now I will have to say most of them stay away from unfinished floors here so thats where I chime in.

www.HeartlandHardwoodFlooring.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
The stores call the true professionals that care and know how to charge for their skill and professionalism, "WHINERS"

That's pretty darned good Perry! It's always a matter of time before the good guys find who they are respected by and "compensated" properly for the quality of their work. When I installed it took me awhile to find the right people after being almost brainwashed into thinking there is only one game(store, retailer) in town.

Quote:
Most of them just want to slap something down in an hurry to get paid so they can buy some more beer.

Funny and unfortunately true!

Uptown was created by your administrator, offering my high quality 3/4" engineered floors made in the USA. Unfinished and prefinished.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:01 pm 
Newbie Contributor

Update:

Mullican has agreed to replace 20 - 30 boards. However they want me to wait a full heating season.

I have asked for it in writing.

Comments?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next